Monday, September 22, 2014

Happy Fall!

Previously posted on the old Paper Kisses and Inky Wishes Blog.

Today I want to show you my first attempt at cutting a stencil with the Silhouette to use with fabric paints. There are products out there you can buy for this purpose but I got a fabulous tip from Kelly over on the Silhouette Plus forum about using ordinary freezer paper to cut the patterns. You select your design, load the freezer paper into the machine using the cutting mat and cut away! Next, place your cut template onto your chosen article and using a medium hot iron, fuse it (shiny down!!) to your shirt or whatever you are using. Fusing sounds permanent but I assure you it is not. It does, however, have enough of a bond to prevent the fabric paint from working its way under the stencil as you use your sponge or brush to apply the color. I did have a couple of spots lift but that was operator error because I moved the sweatshirt I was working on one too many times before I got down to business with the paints. Please keep in mind this is my first fabric paint project and while there are a couple of things I would do differently if I could do it over, all in all I am happy with the results.
I love that little tree. Hope you do, too, because it will be making another appearance in the next installment of Silhouette Sunday. Thanks so much for stopping by. Hugs, Shawna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my blog. Your comments mean a lot!