Monday, October 28, 2013

Halloween Treats and a Sticky Tip

Good day to ya!  You must read that with an Australian accent :-)  I've been watching McCleod's Daughters on Hulu using my ROKU......  

October is coming to a close, Halloween is almost upon us, and there's only 9 more Friday's until Christmas. YIKES!!!!
Today I want to share with you the Halloween treats I have put together for my family using two Silhouette cutting files,  Bat Candy Bar Wrapper and Trick or Treat Tags.  I went a little batty as you can see.

The file was a little to plain and just needed "something" so I used a Fiskars Texture Plate to add a little more interest to the wings.  
These cute tags were placed inside the bats so there would be a little extra treat for the receiver to find 



I added googly eyes

Then two fun-sized candy bars were adhered to the inside with DAP StikARounds, positioning them at strategic spots so when the candy is removed the Trick or Treat tag won't be torn.   

TIP:  DAP StikARounds are industrial strength glue dots and I only needed 1/2 of one to adhere each candy bar.  One-quarter of one for each candy bar probably would have done the trick, but they are very sticky and I didn't want to take the time to manipulate them.  These can be found in most hardware stores and are very inexpensive compared to glue dots made for our paper hobbies. They are very sticky!! I use them to adhere almost all my 3-d embellishments with great success.

Thank you for stopping by More Paper Kisses and Inky Wishes today!  Hugs, Shawna



3 comments:

  1. SO CUTE! The little bats are adorable. Love those google eyes. How fun!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word, this is adorable!!!! How fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just adorable Shawna. You are so good at cutting out the neatest things. I think I really need to take the time to figure out my cricut.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog. Your comments mean a lot!