Sunday, July 27, 2014

Birthday Past for Miss Emma

Previously posted on the former Paper Kisses and Inky Wishes blog.

Welcome to another edition of Silhouette Sunday. I hope you have enjoyed your summer because it is rapidly coming to a close. I hate to see it go, but on the other hand, well, things may slow down a bit and I am sure most of you could use some slower paced days. I sure can!!! Besides, we need to recoup before the winter holidays start, right?
As you can tell, I am not unhappy to see the backside of August. This has been one crazy busy month. Five people near and dear to me had surgeries, and three family members had birthdays ---- all on the same day, my oldest son moved and my granddaughter started high school. She went from a class of 11 to a class of 200 not knowing a single soul, but she handled it with grace and courage. One of my jobs has been off-the-charts busy, and the garden is producing....... you get the picture. I am ready for some R & R.
Today I wanted to share with you a card I made for the above-mentioned granddaughter whose birthday was one of the three this month. I picked a chunky font, enlarged it to card size, duplicated it, flipped it, and then welded it. Presto-chango, an alphabet card. Easy peasy with the Cameo! If you have a Silhouette Cameo, SD, or Craft Robo and need any kind of assistance please come join the Silhouette Plus forum HERE. Tons of information and a wealth of generous, friendly people to help out. We also have card challenges, 3d challenges, and a scrapbook challenge. Come join the fun!


I made this box from a cut file by Lori Whitlock (3d bookplate box) that I purchased from the Silhouette Store to put Emma's card in. I wanted something she could use for other things later on so I chose this bright, happy cardstock and purposely made it different from the card. Lori made the little tab holder on the front so the label actually comes out which I thought was so neat. I reinforced the box from the inside with a few pieces of chip board covered with white cardstock and this cutie is actually quite sturdy.
Thanks for stopping by today! Enjoy your holiday weekend. Hugs, Shawna

2 comments:

  1. Hey Shawna! Man it's been a long time since I've had time to visit any blogs! Time has changed a lot on me since I started my new job! I no longer have as much time to walk the dogs or work on my cards and blog, so I've had to make some things take a back seat. You now that Riley isn't about to let her be one of the things that gets forgotten! I think of you and Burger and Fries often! Please keep in touch with me even when it seems I'm not keeping in touch with you - because I am!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've really been busy!!!
    Love the card and know your granddaughter will too. Beautiful!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog. Your comments mean a lot!