Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Wedding Bells

are ringing for a sweet couple at my church and I wanted to personalize something for them. I have found many fabulous ideas but decided that I wanted to go with a combination of glass etching and vinyl on a picture frame. Over the hill I went to where they have frames for sale and found a really nice frame that would work perfectly for what I wanted to do. I got it home only to find out that instead of glass it was a sheet of plastic. I was not deterred by this, thinking this powerful stuff that could etch glass would surely etch plastic. I cut the stencils with the Cameo and applied then to the sheet of plastic and waited the appropriate amount of time and then rinsed the etching cream off. It didn't work. Who knew? Certainly not me. But on the positive side, neither did it leave the plastic one iota the worse for wear. So on to Plan B which really wasn't Plan B at all, but rather the result of "Now what". Over the hill is 50 miles away and I did not have time to make another trip, so I decided to go ahead and use the mat that came with the frame (Plan A called for it's disposal and thankfully I hadn't chucked it). The mat has four openings for 4 x 6 photos and I started at the top with the bride and groom's family name, thinking an engagement snapshot or wedding photo would look good at the top. For the second opening I used the groom's name for a single photo of just him. Same for the bride with the third opening. For the fourth and final slot I put the date of the wedding thinking a shot of them leaving on their honeymoon or another wedding photo would be nice here. Along the bottom of the mat I put "and they lived happily ever after". All lettering was cut from vinyl using my Silhouette Cameo. I really enjoyed making this for them. I hope they like it.
Thank you so much for stopping by today. Hugs, Shawna  Please note, this is an old post from the former Paper Kisses and Inky Wishes Blog.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my blog. Your comments mean a lot!