Monday, September 29, 2014

It's Z Kid's Birthday

Hi all!  Are you lovin' the cooler weather or wishing for a return to summer?  We may all get our wish as once this stormy session passes we are supposed to return to warmer temps --- maybe almost 90 degress!  Wow.  Weather anymore is just too weird. 

Today I wanted to show you the birthday card I made for my grandson's 10th birthday.  He is such a sweet guy and loves his flag football, so I went with a football theme.  Sort of.

 
 
 
I thought it might be fun to add some hinges to this card to give a bit more interest, and I also ran the football die cut through my Grand Calibur using Fiskar's "leather" embossing plate to give some texture there as well. I used Liquid Pearls by Ranger to simulate the nail heads on the hinges and inked the edges of the balloons and the hinges with Color Box Cat's Eye inks. Adding just a bit of glitter (too much and my boy would protest!) to the sentiment with dark blue Stickles and stardust Stickles for the highlight on the balloons gave the card a bit of sparkle. You cannot see it in the photo, but some Liquid Glass by CTMH was used on the balloons to give them a shiny look.  When he opened the card at a local pizzeria one of the guests said "It's a Z card!" I knew it was a hit. 
 
Thanks for stopping by More Paper Kisses and Inky Wishes. Have a great week.  Hugs, Shawna
 
Silhouette Files:  Letter Z card base, football and helmet file, Happy Birthday Balloons, Hinge set
Paper:  Retro stack and bits and pieces from my leftover paper drawer :)  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my blog. Your comments mean a lot!